Brain Teasers and Logic Problems are good for your mental health and help prevent short-term memory loss. When you are actively involved in solving brain teasers and other fun puzzles then you are challenging your mind which keeps your brain sharp. Plus, when you are solving brain teasers, you get to concentrate and focus on things in a better way. If you are ready to test your mind and see how many brain teasers you can solve without having a peek at the answers then here are 30 Brain Teasers with Answers for Adults:
- A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him underwater for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.
- What is special about these words: job, polish, herb?
They are pronounced differently when the first letter is capitalized.
- I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Then I turned east and hiked for 3 miles. I then turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time I came upon a bear inside my tent eating my food! What color was the bear?
White, since the only place you can do that, is the North Pole and polar bears are the only kind of bears that live there.
- A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, an attractive girl named Sarah. The bus driver had to go on a long bus trip that would last a week. Before he left, he gave Sarah seven apples. Why?
An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
- I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?
- No matter how little or how much you use me, you change me every month. What am I?
- A red house is made from red bricks. A blue house is made from blue bricks. A yellow house is made from yellow bricks. What is a greenhouse made from?
- There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man, and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word?
- In my hand, I have two coins that are newly minted. Together, they total 30 cents. One isn’t a nickel. What are the coins?
A quarter and a nickel
- You’re escaping a labyrinth and there are three exits. Exit A leads to an inferno. Exit B leads to an assassin. Exit C leads to a lion that hasn’t eaten in 3 years. Which exit do you pick?
Exit C. If a lion hasn’t eaten in 3 years, it has definitely starved to death.
- They fill me up and you empty me, almost every day; if you raise my arm, I work the opposite way. What am I?
- The cost of making only the maker knows, Valueless if bought, but sometimes traded. A poor man may give one as easily as a king. When one is broken pain and deceit are assured. What is it?
- Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?
Man. He crawls on all fours as a baby, walks on two feet as an adult, and walks with a cane like an old man.
- Lovely and round, I shine with pale light, grown in the darkness, A lady’s delight. What am I?
- Four cars come to a four-way stop, all coming from a different direction. They can’t decide who got there first, so they all go forward at the same time. They do not crash into each other, but all four cars go. How is this possible?
They all made right-hand turns
- What can be driven although it doesn’t have wheels, sliced but stays whole?
A golf ball
- Some try to hide, some try to cheat, but time will show, we always will meet. Try as you might, to guess my name, I promise you’ll know when you do claim. Who am I?
- I have a big mouth and I am also quite loud! I am NOT a gossip but I do get involved with everyone’s dirty business. What am I?
A vacuum cleaner
- I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot, I’m always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I?
- Why is the letter F like death?
Because without it life is a lie, or it makes life a lie.
- Guess the next three letters in the series GTNTL.I, T, S.
The complete sequence is the first letter of every word in the sentence.
- Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet you miss me when I have flown. What am I?
- You do not want to have it, but you do not want to lose it when you do have it. What is it?
- I have no eyes, no legs, or ears, and I help move the earth. What am I?
- Who makes it, does not need it. Who buys it, has no use for it. Who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
- A sundial has the fewest moving parts of any timepiece. Which has the most?
An hourglass, with thousands of grains of sand
- A family has two parents and six sons. Each of the sons has one sister. How many people are in the family?
Nine. Two parents, six sons, one daughter!
- A rancher had 500 cows and took one shot that got them all. How did he do it?
A panoramic photo
- A man describes his daughters, saying, “They are all blonde, but two; all brunette but two; and all redheaded but two.” How many daughters does he have? Three. A blonde, a brunette, and a redhead
- Put a coin into an empty bottle and insert a cork into the neck. How can you remove the coin without removing the cork or breaking the bottle? Push the cork down into the bottle. Then shake the coin out.